15th Nov 2019
Although the reports show a year-on-year significant decline in newbuilding orders to Far Eastern shipyards, in the last months SeaQuest has been able to secure a promising series of new contracts:
- Plan Approval & Supervision of 2 x 157k DWT Crude Oil Tankers at NewTimes shipyard, China (2019 - 2021)
- Supervision of 3 x 300k DWT Crude Oil Tankers (VLCC) at DSME, S.Korea (2019 - 2021)
- Contract Negotiation, Makers Selection, Plan Approval & Supervision of 2 x 113k DWT Crude Oil Tankers at HHI, S.Korea (2019 - 2021)
- Contract Negotiation, Makers Selection & Plan Approval of 3 x 115k DWT Product Carriers at HSHI, S.Korea (2019 - 2020)
- Supervision of 2 x 50k DWT Product Carriers at HMD, S.Korea (2019 - 2020)
- Technical Negotiations, Makers Selection & Plan Approval of 2 x 30k m3 LNG Carriers in a yard t.b.a. (2019 - 2020)
- Site Supervisor of EGCS Retrofit on 31 x 400k DWT bulk carriers at Yiu Lian Dockyards, China (2019 - 2020)
The fact that SeaQuest provides consistent and competitive newbuilding project management services is well known among ship owners and investors.
Minicaper project completed
23rd Oct 2019
SeaQuest has completed the supervision of a Minicaper newbuilding project.
The two Polar Code / Ice Class 104,550 DWT bulk carriers named “Admiral Schmidt” and “Vitus Bering” have been completed and delivered in a rapid succession in September and October.
The construction of the vessels was carried out in combination by Shanghai Shipyard Co. Ltd. and Shanghai Jiangnan Changxing Shipbuilding Co. Ltd.(Hudong Zhonghua Shipbuilding Group).
In addition to the supervision, SeaQuest has been in charge of the project management since the early stages, providing a crucial contribution to the finalization of the shipbuilding specifications and makers' list and executing the plan approval.
Sailing at dusk, Laptev sea, 16.11.2019, ice 0.5 m plus snow 0.2/0.3 m: It looks we did it!
Maritime CEO Forum - Monaco
22nd Oct 2019
SeaQuest has sponsored the "Maritime CEO Forum" debut in Monaco at the famous Yacht Club de Monaco on 22 October 2019.
The event is designed as the anti-shipping conference, with three panels packed full of shipowner CEOs. No presentations, no slides, no selling, just the top people in the industry discussing pressing issues.
A perfect opportunity to circulate SeaQuest brand in an unconventional, high quality, fresh and enjoyable event.
Maritime CEO Forum is an invitation-only event made possible by the sponsors such as SeaQuest, limited in size to ensure all attendees, which included an outstanding number of shipowning companies' top managers, can make the most of the day, enjoy the stunning views, and relax afterwards with a champagne at The Observatory on level 5 of the yacht club.
Newcastlemax anticipated delivery
25th Jul 2019
What an outstanding achievement for SeaQuest site team at New Times shipyard!
Thanks to its strong grip on the project, SeaQuest managed to get the Chinese yard to anticipate the actual delivery of a series of Newcatlemax up to eight months in advance on the contractual dates.
SeaQuest has been in charge of the project management since the very initial steps, having been in charge of the technical specification review and contractual negotiations, the makers' selection and the plan approval. Since August 2018 a SeaQuest site team in taking care of the construction supervision.
The first ship will be delivered on August 7 and the remaining ships are all planned within May 2020, for the satisfaction of the ship owning company.